Instant Pot Corn Chowder with Bacon Recipe – delicious soup made in a pressure cooker. This rich and creamy chowder is packed with fresh corn, potatoes and crispy bacon.
It’s so creamy, satisfying and full of flavor. Especially since I make it in my pressure cooker. If you have an Instant Pot and never tried to cook soup in it, you have to do it! You will love it! The flavors are as intense as if the soup was simmering on the stove for hours, when in fact it takes under 30 minutes to have it done from the time you cut the corn off the cob. Besides there is bacon involved and that is always a good thing.
The amount of time the chowder cooks in the pressure cooker, allows the corn to cook but not get mushy and completely broken down. It has it’s texture and you can still enjoy the fresh corn flavor. You can also use canned corn (drained and rinsed) without adjusting the time. It is just needed for the potatoes to cook.
Instant Pot Corn Chowder with Bacon Recipe
So delicious soup made in a pressure cooker. This rich and creamy chowder is packed with fresh corn, potatoes and crispy bacon.
- 4 ears corn on the cob
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 4 red potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable stock or water
- 1 and 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- fresh parsley chopped
- Turn pressure cooker on. Press SAUTE button. Wait 2 minutes for the pot to heat up. Add chopped bacon. Cook until almost all of is crispy. Remove onto a plate.
- Add garlic and onion to pot with bacon grease. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often.
- Cut corn kernels off the cobs. Add to pot with onion. Saute for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Press OFF button on Instant Pot.
- Add potatoes, water, stock and half of cooked bacon. Season with salt and pepper. Close lid, set to sealing position. Press MANUAL button and set timer to 10 minutes. The pressure cooker will start cooking. It will take it a few minutes to come to pressure.
- When the Instant Pot is done it will beep. Click OFF button. Let pressure cooker naturally release the pressure for about 5 minutes. In the meantime, whisk together half and half and cornstarch. Quick release pressure. Add half and half to pot and stir. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Serve chowder garnished with reserved bacon and chopped parsley.
Recipe Adapted : Instant Pot Corn Chowder with Bacon Recipe @ crunchycreamysweet