Thai Noodle Salad with the best ever Peanut Sauce- loaded up with healthy veggies!
Thai Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce. Here it’s made with rice noodles and a boatload of crunchy veggies- cabbage, carrots, bell pepper and radish, then tossed in the most flavorful, balanced peanut sauce ever. !!
This Thai noodle salad is great made ahead, keeps well for 3-4 days -perfect for midweek meals and lunches. Top this with flavorful chicken for added protein. So delicious!
And the salad gets more and more flavorful each day.
Use linguine, soba noodles, pad Thai-style rice noodles, brown rice noodles or seriously any pasta you have in your pantry. Toss the pasta with 4 cups of shredded veggies. Add scallions, jalapeño and cilantro (or basil) and toss with the flavorful peanut sauce. Top with toasted, crushed peanuts.
Thai Noodle Salad With Peanut Sauce Recipe
A simple delicious recipe for Thai Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce, loaded up with healthy veggies. Vegan and Gluten free, this make-ahead salad is perfect for midweek lunches or large gatherings. Make a double batch of the peanut sauce and use for Buddha Bowls and Spring rolls- trust me you will want to! Add Sesame Ginger Tofu for added protein!
- 6 ounces dry noodles (brown rice noodles, pad thai style rice noodles, soba noodles, linguini)
- 4 cups mix of cabbage, carrots and radish, shredded or grated
- 1 red bell pepper, finely sliced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped (or sub basil and mint)
- 1 tablespoon (or less, or more) jalapeño, finely chopped
- ¼-½ cup roasted, crushed peanuts ( garnish)
- 3 thin slices ginger- cut across the grain, about the size of a quarter.
- 1 fat clove garlic
- ¼ cup peanut butter ( or sub almond butter!)
- 1 orange ( ¼ cup orange juice)
- 1 med-large lime (3 tablespoon lime juice)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or GF Braggs Liquid Amino Acids (Note: Tamari will turn this unpleasantly dark)
- 3 tablespoons honey or agave
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- ½ -1 teaspoon cayenne pepper ( or a squirt of sriracha sauce)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to directions on package. ( See notes for rice noodles) Drain and chill under cold running water.
- In the meantime, blend the peanut sauce ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
- Place shredded veggies, bell pepper, scallions, cilantro and jalapeño in a bowl. Toss. Add the cold noodles to the bowl and toss again. Pour the peanut sauce over top and toss well to combine.
- Taste, adjust the salt and serve, garnishing with roasted peanuts and cilantro and a lime wedge.
**If cooking pad thai style rice noodles, add the noodles to a pot of boiling water. Turn heat off, stir and let steep 2-3 minutes until tender, drain and run under cool water.
Recipe Adapted : thai noodle salad with peanut sauce @ feastingathome