If you’re looking for something cheesy, pleasy, and easy you’ve come to the right recipe! . This meal totally fills you up and it the perfect casserole for taking along to a potluck meal or other social event.
I pretty sure your family especially if you had a kids , they really love this food !! Trust me .... 😊
Chili Cheese Casserole Showdown Recipe
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni, cooked for 1 minute less than the package recommends
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons Bertolli olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion or two small yellow onions
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons McCormick chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1- 28 ounce can Hunt’s crushed tomatoes
- 1- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Domino light brown sugar
- 2 and 1/2 cups Kraft co-jack cheese or other cheese of choice
- chili cheese Fritos for garnish
- 2 green onions, chopped for garnish
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook pasta for one minute less than package directions.
- In a large non-stick skillet, cook 1 pound of lean ground beef. Break it into small pieces as it’s cooking. When it’s done, remove any excess fat from the pan. Set aside the meat for now.
- To the pan, add 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the onions until they’re almost done, then add in garlic and cook for a couple of minutes more.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, and black pepper. Slowly stir in crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes and brown sugar. Add the meat back in. Simmer the sauce for about 10 minutes.
- Combine the sauce and meat mixture with the cooked pasta. Stir in 1/2 cup of co-jack cheese.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
- Top with remaining two cups of cheese. Cover with foil and bake for about 35 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for 10 minutes longer, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.Top with green onion for garnish, and Fritos if you’d like.